Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The tea ain't taste bitter no more.

I had my routine cup of hot tea for breakfast. Seeing the same faces and having almost the same conversations everyday over nasi goreng and teh tarik. Oh, i've been having nasi lemak or nasi goreng every morning this past few weeks without guilt. It doesn't include my heavy lunch i have everyday without fail! I once mentioned to my colleague my concern over my diet. (when i say diet it does not mean losing weight. Balance meal to be precise.) The first comment uttered by them might be "You're thin.. you have to eat more!". And another says.."Jangan risau.. kau kalau dah kawin mesti gemuk punya!".. some says "hey, you're thin.. pakai apa pun ok!".. "Are you sick? You look thin." Thats too norm in our culture. Well, to me the word thin is not really appropriate to say.. slim or slender is more like it.Its just like saying a fat person FAT right in front of their face. On a contrary, when i was in Lumut for a Powerman event last week, one good looking mat salleh chap came to me asking whether I'm one of the athlete albeit I was holding my camera shooting almost all the time. I said, "Naah, I'm one of the committee for the event". And guess what he said?? "Hey you look fit enough and what do you do to maintain fit." Well I was blushing as it came from a hunky guy from Australia. My clumsyness made me say.."I do yoga." God knows its been ages since i left yoga. My point is.. Some think its not an insult to call someone thin. And to our Malay culture especially.. thin means you're lack of nutrients and might be breeding lots of worms inside your colon. OH for GOD sake wake up people... !!!! Another colleague who is health concious thinks i have more male hormones (err please don't think that i grow beard or moustache! male hormones - in a sense that i burn calorie faster than some women.. or to be precise, higher metabolism).

Come to think of the positive side is.. obviously I can eat anything without worry of gaining extra pounds.. looking at the negative traits, i have to watch my cholesterol level. All the while i never bother about the level of cholesterol in my body.. but i start to think there is high possibility of getting sickness due to cholesterol. Guess i need more exercises and visit a doctor for a cholesterol checkup. You never know if you are growing bad cells or clogging your vessels until you collapse one day. (touch wood!)

Gosh! why am I babbling about about cholesterol? But being thin (erm.. slender) or fat is not the issue. But being healthy is the most important thing. Feel good about how you look and people will see the beauty you perceive in yourself. Its about accentuates what you have.. Well, I always thought my height was a bad thing for me and it made me feel awkward being in the crowd of people with average heights. Wearing heels? was a no-no for me. But I guess I'm beginning to love my height and it feels great to be able to walk on heels in confidence. And believe it or not.. people surrounding me beginning to feel the aura. Who cares if they glance at you. And that bothers me no more. They do it because you are different and unique. This morning cup of tea ain't taste bitter no more.. its a sweet conversation that left them ponder andi hope it'll make them appreciate other human for who they are. Please.. please don't categorize this blog as braggings.. but a motivational word i set to myself and to the rest of the people out there who's in the same shoes as me.

Thanks to Tyra for making thousands of people like me to feel beautiful. (ni penangan tgk america's next top model latest season on and on again la nih!). And thanks to the hunky duathlete i met who thinks i look fit!

5 comments:

zebrallini said...

hey i watch tyre american next top model too!!

zebrallini said...

hey in lumut didnt i say you were fit too??

marshmallow said...

you do??? hey thats cool!!! i have a male friend who didn't understand why we were into ANTM, but he ended up finished the whole season on the dvd! it's addictive i tell you!

oh did u? i remember you said i look slimmer in person.. safe ones! hehehhe..

ps: looking at your index pic *speechless* are they really yours?

Amiruddin Karim said...

You look fit? That's all? You look gorgeous.. (Oh.. you know that already..)

:)

The one person who badly need to check on the diet.. is me..

bola2api said...

HAHAHA.. tergelak aku jap..

marshie, bontot tu buleh jadi umpan pancing piranha.. HAHAHAHA

ANTM cool laa.. i LOVE reality shows!

zebra tengok citer tu sebab nak tengok model jer.. :P