Tuesday, May 05, 2009

poor lolly!

Something weird happened to lolly. I wasn't at home to spend enough time to play with her for the past few days. Sis and brother in law just moved to a new house. We were busy shifting stuffs, packing and unpacking. I gave lolly less attention lately. She started to sleep outside and came back next morning.

One morning, i sensed a weird smell on her and she looked wet. Ahh, it must be the nights out she spent these few days.. I thought she really needed a bath but i was pretty hectic with my work. I didn't pay much attention to it. I shoo'd her away as she loves sitting on my desk while i'm doing my work. Lolly, u stinky pussy cat.. go away. She left with a sad look. I was busy back then and promised to bathe her once my work is done. Later in the evening, i carried her and decided to bathe her and i got really startled seeing a big round patch of blood on her left cheek. I held her and a large patch of fur came off. Damn! That explains the weird smell. I took dettol to clean her but the thick dried blood was hard to be removed. I wiped with a cotton and another patch of fur came out. I was freaked out! and i didn't dare to check further. I took her cage and and decided to bring her to the vet. Poor lolly. I am sorry darling i ignored you. I am sorry i shoo'd you away when you were trying to tell me that you were sick. Oh poor baby! The wound was huge and it already late. The vet was closing and the veterinar suggested i left her overnight.

The next day, she undergone a minor surgery. The doctor couldn't explain the cause. Maybe it was a catfight. Maybe it was an infection. But it didn't happen in a day or two. How didn't i notice any lump nor scratches on her?? Well, she acted weird lately by choosing a place like inside the toilet or behind the shaded bush to sleep. And she usually show up each time i call her name, but recently she seemed to ignore my call. Cats start acting like this when something is wrong with them. But didn't i get enough sign to discover her unwell conditon? i was too busy. damn!

The medical fee cost me $250!! anything for you lolly. The doc removed the rotten patch from her cheek and there's no skin for stitching so it was left as an open wound. The doc gave a set of medication for her for 10 days. And the best thing is i have to do her dressing on the wound everyday. Gosh! Looking at the wound itself enough to almost make me pass out at the vet. To attend to it everyday.. Oh god pls give me enough strength. I feel so helpless looking at lolly's weak condition. Not to mention the fresh red wound that looks so painful! She was still under anasthetic with a big gauze covering partial of her face. She looks motionless being held up by the doc's helper who looked like a butcher to me! Aww! She looks pretty bad.


My dear lolly, pls be strong.. seeing you like this makes my knee so weak. You appear in my nightmares every night. I am sorry i cared you less these past few weeks..

More on lolly's condition will be updated.

1 comment:

bink said...

Wishing Lolly a speedy recovery..Kesian kat tuan yang gelisah..