Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A nice 8km run.



I was supposed to shoot our PM launching the FELDA rally this morning. That means i had to wake up super early to make sure i reached Dewan Felda before Najib arrives. Unfortunately the shooting was canceled at a very last minute. Bummer no pocket money for me.. but yay! i can sleep in again today. However, regardless no early morning shoot, the weather this morning is too good to waste. 7.30am i was getting ready to have my morning run. Since i only manage to push for less that 3km yesterday (my body felt so weak yesterday, the sweat taste weird and my ankle still hurt), i decided to run more today..

The moment i reached my run spot, lots of cars filling the parking area. The space was almost full, but most are apeks and nyonyas enjoying the morning breeze walking. Most of 'em were familiar faces. Greeted each other and exchanging smiles among new faces. I didn't see any solo runners besides myself. I am used to running alone. What i need is my ipod and good music.. Most friends are working at that hour.. But i don't mind, seriously. Running is my self-therapy.. I don't have enough stamina to run and talk at the same time anyway. I'll be a passive listener when i am running with a talkative runner! lol.

I ran slowly at a constant speed.. as time passed by, people became lesser and lesser. Maybe went back to continue their routine life. A group of veteran men went back to their wives, the young one went to their offices.. all with different lifestyle and routines.

On the other hand, i myself continued my run. Knowing that i have nothing to look forward to at home and to go back this soon and waste the beautiful morning.. I'd rather stay a lil longer and continue running. After a while, i didn't see anymore joggers except for lawn mower,lake maintenance people and some fishing addicts. The same indonesian lady i see everyday sweeping dried leaves.. and the same middle-aged male foreign worker trimming trees and shrubs. Wow, it takes stamina too to maintain the lake area.

I enjoyed the view of the scenic lake, the smell of fresh grasses being mowed, the sound of bird chirping, the same lil buddy crossing in front of me at the very same spot - the baby alligator that freaked me out the first time we bumped into each other. Now, i'll be like.. "hey lil buddy!". The smell of fallen frangipani along the path of the track was strong.. even stronger at night. I never dared to walk there at night again after creepy rumors from one of the runners some time back. "Tempat ni keras sikit.. dulu ada org penah kena bunuh kat sini.." (this place is haunted. someone was murdered here before). The story got my neck hair stood still and hell it was eerie! During day time, i'm okay with it. Like now.. i'm enjoying every moment of it. My ankle is fine today.. no more blisters on my right toes.. the injinji socks helped a lot except for the one on the left. It was torn and one of my toe keeps rubbing against the inner shoes. I am going to buy one toe socks.. but injinji seems to be overprice! $50 for a pair! I'll get one from sox world for less than $20.

I am reaching 8km and decided to complete that loop and go back. I guess its a good achievement for me. From 3km - 5km - 6km - 8km. All within less than a month. I am pretty happy that i am able to gradually increase my distance. Not drastically! I don't think i can increase my speed for now. What matters to me is endurance and to be able to maintain a constant speed. Good enough.

My running top is soaking wet. Its time to go back, freshen up and recharge.

No comments: