Thursday, May 14, 2009

a great morning starts with a great workout.

Its been ages since i did run+swim. I haven't been swimming for weeks now. Since i own the nike ipod, i got addicted to running and keeping records of my mileage. I've been running for almost everyday eversince. Not too distance, just an easy 5km per day to keep my skin pink and to release some toxin. The clock was 8.15am when i woke up this morning. On every other day, 8am is considered quite late to start a morning run. I was a bit frustrated i didn't wake up earlier. I looked out the window hoping the sun won't show up yet, i heard birds chirping and the color of the sky looked grey and calm after the rain. It was a nice breezy morning. Brushed my teeth and put on my running attire and quickly head out to the lake before it gets hot.

There were few cars parking at the lake. Some went to fish and some veterans just enjoy the morning walk. Spoke to one indian yogiman (i call him that because he always does yoga after his massive runs. Man he can actually run, fast.) He asked me in his indian dialects.. "you.. run marathon?" i just gave him a smile. what? me a marathoner?? am a noob la. I said "no la, i just run for fun.. to relax". He replied "Oh same! good.. good.." That was the longest conversation we had so far. We used to rub shoulders couple times during our run but never spoke to each other. Just rasing eyebrows, waiving hands and smile. He left and i began my routine.

Started with a 1.2km of brisk walking. Passed by some pakciks and apeks. All veterans.. no youngsters. Those younger peeps are busy in their formal attires in the office by this hour. I was thinking, i hope i will still run when i turn gold. Leading healthy life with soulmate and friends. Thinking bubbles leads to another, and brought me to my second km. I did a slow 2km (to be exact 2.4km) run non-stop which equivalent to 2 loops of the lake. Proceed with walking on the 4th loop while catching up my breath. sigh. i wish i could go more running non-stop. Sweat was dripping non stop, heart was jumping. I continued my final loop(the 5th one) running again..slow and easy. Total workout this morning approaching 6km. I stopped at a nice spot under a big tree for yoga. Its a good routine to warm down and to reduce musce sore especially on the hamstrings and shins. Sweat started to drop more and even more. My running top was soaking wet. My throat felt very dry. I don't remember having a drop of fluid before running. After few routines of tunggang tertonggeng + squating i head to my car and had a large bottle of water at a single go. Dahaga beb!

Saw my swimming suit at the car seat behind. It'd be a good idea to swim as well. Just to relax my calf and to have a nice dip in. I detoured to the public pool and the bloke at the guard house approached me, "I didn't see you for some time.. where have you been?". I smiled and just reply.."outstationla" malas nak citer panjang. Wah everyone seemed to start making conversations with me today.. sometimes dissapearing makes heart go fonder.. in a way.. it is.

Changed my suit and jumped into the pool. The water was a bit chilly. But my body was already being warmed up with a 6km run before so it should be fine. Someone told me it feels good to swim after running. I argued at that time. Don't you feel tired after running that the only thing you can think of is your bed?? But after trying it, I have to agree with that. It actually felt great. I had a slow and relaxing breaststrokes. After 500m of swimming, people (again veterans) started to fill the pool. I feel content today. The feeling is great. I feel fresh. It was a nice morning of relaxing workouts.

The shower facilities at the pool is superb. The moment i turned the shower i can feel the high pressure of water rubbing my back. It feels like standing under a waterfall. The shower head is large enough to cover the whole body without effort of moving back and front. Seriously i don't mind paying $2 everyday to shower in a nice volume of water like this as compared to my home bathroom. Macam kedekut air je.

I love today. I head home smiling feeling so positive and forget about all the problems i have at home. The amount of endorphin today is sufficient enough to keep me happy the whole day. Shall i run again this evening? hmm...

No comments: