Sunday, January 25, 2009

the beginning of a healthy life, no?

start a day in a healthy way. that's what the sayings say. Its my birthday and it feels good to start my 31 with a 3km muscle working.

so i did jogging today. A friend wants to see if i can run and says there's a potential in me regardless how hard i tried to convince everyone that i hate running. We went to a shoe shop to eye some running shoes few days back. (Sounds like a very serious runner, huh?) Just to check the type of feet i have and what type of shoes are suitable. The last running shoes i had was a bad reebok i bought during warehouse sale centuries ago that i had to curse every time after i used it. Not to mention blisters! The moment i entered the shop, the shop owner said i definitely have the potential to become a runner looking at my build. Ahh.. don't give a damn thing about it.. but.. really? He put me on one shoe and actually asked me to run and test the shoes outside the shop and i can even tour the shopping mall with it. I was like.. "what..?!! you gotta be kidding me!" and guess what? i did.. except for the run thingy. Managed to have one round of tour and enjoying the comfort of the soles.

Back to jogging. I was actually brisk walking.. and run for a bit.. on and off. I don't remember when was the last time time i had jogged. No idea. Altogether, managed to push my muscles to work for 3km. I don't dare to go further and push until i get a proper shoes. No, i haven't bought any shoes yet. No budget just yet. Borrowed sis' nike and i don't think it was even my size. Lebam. Plus, have to be careful with the knee injuries occured some time back. I definitely need more stamina, but how come swimming don't give thaaat sore. Maybe because i enjoy breast stroking more than thumping my feet.

My shins and thighs are soring! But atleast the muscle is working babeh!

3 comments:

bink said...

at least u start now, running i mean, who's the friend anyhow?

Izhal said...

happy belated birthday...

3km/day bagus tu...

marshmallow said...

mbeeek!

thanks izhal.. well long time no see!