Friday, December 23, 2005

A conversation that left me ponder..

I was doing my work.. doing whatever shit i have to do.. with an uneased mind, but tried my best keeping my mind focused to my work.. i played my mp3 a lil bit louder than routine.. to constrain my brain to my own world.. out of the sudden, a colleague broke my box of concentration (i was not really concentrating.. my mind was contemplating something else..)

Miss T : marshmallow (not my real name), you are going to be 28 soon, right?
Me : what? i couldn't hear you.. (didn't realize i was shouting louder than my mp3! everyone looked) oops! (lowering the volume down) what did you say??
Miss T : Y.O.U A.R.E G.O.I.N.G T.O B.E 28 S.O.O.N right? (saying it out loud syllable by syllable)
Me : d'oh.. you don't have to remind me that....
Miss T : Don't you feel lonely?
Me : Hmm.. surprisingly no. Used to complain a lot but i think i'm immuned. Okay..okay.., do think of it sometimes.. but it doesn't bug my emotions.. Y?
Miss T : Don't you think you need someone when you see all of your friends clinging with their partners and some are already married?
Me : As i said.. used to be a cry baby.. but not anymore.
Miss T : After your break-up?
Me : Hmm.. yeah.. To me, its better being single and feel lonely sometimes rather than having a problematic relationship.. and having to crack your brain how to escape from your problematic situations.. atleast i don't involve anyone else.. i still have my friends and i can do things i wanna do as i wish! (i did sound very firm on that..). There's a beauty in a word s.i.n.g.l.e.. (click for my blog on being single)

She was satisfied with my answer (damn i look so confident uttering it).. deep down inside she might be thinking whether i'm anti relationship or a friggin lesbo! heheheh... but my last statement left me thinking, is that really so? i am unsure myself.. yeah.. i guess i'm right. I have my hobbies to keep me occupied.. and i'm happy with it.. What's the rush? Good thing's yet to come.. and things will likely to happen when you least expect it.

2 comments:

Amiruddin Karim said...

Hey, I've met many people around and I've read many blogs on this issue.. but one thing for sure..

Your attitude is good. (wait.. good is an understatement).. GREAT is more like it.

Good can come everyday.. THE BEST IS YET TO COME.. :)

marshmallow said...

*blushed* i have to hold on to that strand to keep me strong.. self wisdom sometimes needed!