Thursday, July 13, 2006

the land of "tom yam"

Bangkok that was. I didn't set any expectation beforehand. I just need a place away from home that i don't have to think about work and selfish people. The flight was an early morning flight that i had to gather at KLIA as early as 6am. I didn't have enough sleep lately and i slept kinda late the night before for a last minute packing. The airport looked kinda empty and quiet. I was hungry and we were supposed to depart at 8:30am but due to some tchnical faulty (i hope it was not that serious even though i'm safely reached home now), we were about half an hour late. I took the chance to take a nap.

The time in Bangkok is 1 hour behind Malaysian time. Still in my sleepy lazy mode, we were welcomed by the age nt that brought us and i saw a sweet thai grl in a thai costume holding a banner welcoming us in warm smile. The guys in my team showed some excitement after one and half hour boring journey. I guess a good cross culture breaking session. I'm used to backpacking and this arranged protocol made me feel a bit weird. Ahhahaha.. the pic makes me look like a school girl going for an official school excursion! Sawasdee krup....




i wonder whether Thai schoolkids are allowed to wear fancy shoes


the muslim restaurant where we had our lunch.
Seafood Tomyam in Thailand mixed with coconut milk.

Something different from what we have in Malaysia.
Sweet & Sour Garoupa.. perfecto! I'm drooling already!


This whole stretch of alley is occupied by a muslim community.
By the way, it's Ali Selatan in case you read it as ALI SETAN! hehehe..

friday prayer at the mosque along the muslim alley.


some friendly villager striked a pose with a DIY baby-stroller!
Something that you don't see in KL.



aren't they adorable kids? a good mingler i might add.
.. the trip will be in silence without 'em.



it was a rainy season. Pic taken at Wat Arun.
A nice boat used to transfer Shangri-La hotel patrons.
We thought we are going to embark this.. but..


not even this..

here it comes...


me.. and bunch of guys enjoying the scenery of
chao phraya river in a "not-so-luxury" boat.



click on the thumbnail. I INSIST.

arm-sized fish. they don't catch them for food, they feed them.
Its a sacred beings protected by the temple.


"ratu" lebah.


more tom yam gung.. and a sweet sour garoupa. yummy!


Yes, i went to the famous chatuchak market by train.. TWICE! It is a 10x football field sized weekend market selling anything-you-name-it! It has 36 gates with 100s of markets in each section. Bring extra cash as they only accept cash term. I bought some crafts and home decor. It was extremely hot and that thin mini T dries that sweat off!


from home deco.. to pets!


the famous suan lum night bazaar. It was the night of worldcup and they have a big screen for live wordcup telecast. Massive people booking the seats and some even sits on the floor.


I had a great time in bangkok, the only place that i didn't get the chance to visit was the floating market. I bet its such a good scene to shoot photos. A tiring day was closed with a good retreat for my body... a Thai massage specially delivered to my door step. Never had a full body massage before, it was ticklish at first but it felt good after all..

i'm gonna miss Thailand and of course some "experience" i had in Bangkok which i don't blog here. And thanx to my new thai friend, ken. the tops are awesome. Thanx for being a good company even for a short period of time.

-The End-


erm.. did i mention i went to some "animal" show? period.

4 comments:

Amiruddin Karim said...

but but... I wanna see the pictures of your trip to the 'animal' show..

aish said...

the college/university students wear the same uniforms as well (referring to picture 3)

marshmallow said...

amir : i wish i could but all media devices were confiscated. I think flash is harmful to the "animal's" retina.

aish : but not the heels.

Izhal said...

hey ratu lebah, enjoyd your pictures very much... could taste the food :P