Thursday, December 02, 2004

I was poked & electrified!!

I never thought that the pain I was having on my right knee could lead to a torn ligament. At first I thought it was just a normal strain. Applied some deep heat and put on my knee pad. But it gets worsen after each day. Decided to visit a doctor. We searched around Taipan for a clinic which still opens but we failed. It was already 9pm. Suddenly one left turn has brought us to this one reflexology and physiotherapy centre.. The tag at the door showed it opens till 11pm! With a hope that it is the right one for my knee problem and a slight hesitation, we skeptically entered. There came a Chinese girl entertained us. But we couldn’t understand a shit! I was trying to make some sign language while showing my knee with hobble moves and I guess she understood that we requested for a doctor for checkup. She called out someone from inside in a language that we couldn’t understand again.. And it disappoints me a bit to come to know that there is only ONE person in the centre who could speak malay and English. All of ‘em are originally from Beijing and been here for less than 3 months. It kinda freaked me out to have to be treated from someone that I don’t even understand a word! But heck..the pain was unbareable..

He twisted my knee with different rotation..i didn’t feel any pain.. but when he pressed at one point, I screamed out loud.. everyone turned their head..damn.. Then he talked to that Chinese gal (the translator).. quite a long one.. I was looking at lisa and she looked back at me in puzzle. Then, the Chinese gal translated me with one short word.. “Torn ligament”.. I whispered at lisa’s ears.. “woaa… what a short translation for a long sentence!”

Then the doc took out 2 thick needles out from a pack of sterilized medic cutleries… I stared at lisa and gave her a strange look. She asked me to be calm. The doc asked me to stretch my legs and relax.. Then I felt something poked into my knee.. and I was actually electrocuted!! That was me..being acupunctured!

No comments: