Sunday, July 23, 2006

Arty Saturday Night.



Saturday night, rather than watching AF or enjoying the loud music while shakin booty, I choose to visit an art gallery. A place called "Gudang" (the warehouse) where the art gallery took place. I hafta admit it looked kinda dodgy from outside, but the moment i passed few hundred meters and my perception turned into a sigh of relief. The dodgy area and a dark path was lit with candles along the pathway. Magnificent. I was so impressed and antsy to peep in to see whats inside. The moment i stepped into the barn i was so impressed to see how outstanding the paintings hung on the humble wall. I can't deny my forte for art. I'm a sucker for arty farty stuffs but i don't paint. Well, i can sketch but the moment i play with colors on a canvas it will be a total ruin. Eheheh.. i'll just stick to digital art. I wish i could share the moment but i did not bring my camera just my lousy point-and-shoot camera that betrays me everytime i shoot night scenes. (mind the blurry pics!) It thought it was too bulky to bring but i think i'd rather bring the bulky black thing rather than bearing this regret. Guess i have to choose whether to walk in style or not to miss capturing the moment. I'd rather choose the latter. Been cursing myself the whole night but anyway.. thanx amir for kidnapping me to "gudang". I had a good arty-farty time, dude! But from now and then i have to start bringing my bulky black box anywhere i go.

Sunday morning, we decided to visit a friend and her newborn. Adriana Safia the name is. She was sleeping so soundly all the time except for "dairy" time. I said to azza it must be easy taking care a child who sleeps most of the time. But its tiring when she keeps active at night according to azza. But anyway, i'd like to congratulate azza and shah for the new coming member. Did i say your mom cooks excellent mee bandung?? hmm.. yummy!

I'm gonna have a loooooooong clay shower after this. ..what?? clay shower? don't ask! chow guys....

5 comments:

bola2api said...

i love looking at paintings too. The National Art Gallery in London has quite a collection. Been there twice. I even brought my dad there n he loved it too!

And who can forget the Louvre. Lovely paintings n arts stuff.

Kat KL ni, sadly, there's no place like those in Europe. Hopefully Gudang can grow to be similar to Louvre or London NAG one day.

Amiruddin Karim said...

The pleasure is all mine.. even without cuffs and whips .. hahahhaa

Anyway, up for another art visit this weekend?

Anonymous said...

cik marshmallow,
may i know what kind of camera r u using?

marshmallow said...

bola2api : I'm happy that more malaysian youths nowadays started to appreciate arts not like those days.

amir : i'd love to, but i think i have something on.

oja : i'm using Olympus E500 dSLR :)

amrulkareem said...

kat klpac ade minggu depan. huhuhu.. yan gudang ni x sempat plak. em em cam best. 22 julai eh?