Saturday, May 29, 2010

The musings

Hello world! It feels ages since i wrote anything lengthy here. I have always loved blogging. I used to blog everyday, sometimes 2 to 3 posts per day :) That was then when i was working in the office. Not to say i was bone idle, sit and do nothing better than blogging but the urge of writing was spirited by the fact that you will still get your paycheck the next month if you feel a bit lazy that day to work. On a contrary, being my own boss gives me no time to cheat. No more updating ‘what movie i watch today’ or ‘who i bumped into today’ kinda posts.

Its been 3 years since i last worn the 3 piece suit and high heels and sit in an air-conditioned concrete building for 8 hours or more and worry about my blistered feet. Yes, I detached myself from the organization about 3 year plus ago to do photography fulltime. Being able to wear flip flops, jeans and tshirt is the best thing i’ve ever done in my life besides being able to work your passion as a career. Photography used to be my love affair until I decided to get married to it and pursue as my professional career. I never regret the decision I’ve made, instead I feel so blessed with the hidden talent I never knew I had. Thank god. Years go by so quickly. I have had 3 wonderful years of flexi hours, being able to workout in the morning till noon, shopping when there is not much people in a shopping mall, watching movies without having to stand in a long queue for tickets and do my editings on a comfy couch with a caramel machiato on my side accompanied by jazzy music all day long. But the grass is always greener on the other side no matter on which side of the earth you are standing. Why am I saying this? Have I lost passion in photography now? Definitely No. No way. Never. Am I joining the workforce again? Perhaps. Even though how much I hate to be in the rat race.

So what is the issue now? There is always 2 sides to every story. One day, I realized how tired I am. At some point I told myself, maybe I just need a time off from this commitment or probably go for a holiday. Don’t take any photoshoot assignments for a mo and just relax. Let the camera hibernate for a month or two. But did it really rest? Haha. No. But yes, I paused myself from taking any jobs for few months, but I did some personal project so called shoot-anything-crappy-everyday. This sounds funny but surprisingly this is a good therapy and it really feeds my soul. This project reminds me how i fell in love with photography the first time. The project still continues and I made a vow to myself that this will go on for 365 days. Looks like I am jumping into a more serious commitment? Haha. But this is a fun commitment. No one will penalize me, its just me and my wild imaginary ideas.

I hope i did answer the question from those people who emailed me asking why i did not post new photos lately. The temporary absence allow me to take a deep breath, inhale with deep thinking and exhale with new ideas and decide what I want to do next. I’m glad I have found the solution :)

No comments: