Sunday, October 14, 2007

sad moment for lolly

it was a tough time for lolly and even tougher for me. A day before raya i decided to get lolly spayed. Sooner or later we are going to send her so why not now? I left lolly at the vet to the surgeon and it was a sad moment for me to hand her over to the operation room. She was calm and quiet as if she understands and accept that this might be the best for her.

The doc told me it might take 3 hours as this is lolly's first period cycle! damn, i didn't know female cats do have periods too! (will it bleed like us women? ahh... else they'd have to wear pads! how cute! ok, i'm talking shit now..)

At about 5pm i received a call from the surgeon and lolly was successfully spayed. Damn it cost me $275 + the vaccine. But its ok as i'd do my best for the best interest of her. Lolly's condition was sad enough to witness. Her long fur was shaved and the stitch is clearly exposed. The doc put an Elizabethan Collar around her neck to prevent her from scratching the wound and she was still under anaesthetic - semi conscious. I carried her and put her in the carrier and brought her home. She was damn weak! She can hardly open her eyes, so i let her sleep as much as she requires.

____________________________

Its been 2 days, lolly is still in a very weak condition. She's not eating nor drinking. I am beginning to worry like mad. Tried to feed her food in small portion but she refused to. I am praying to GOD so my lil lolly will wake up healthy by tomorrow else i gotta send her again to the vet and get her dripped. :(


oh by the way, selamat hari raya peeps.. :(

2 comments:

igby said...

reminds me of my late cat jerry.

hope lolly would get well soon! hang in there lolly!

marshmallow said...

lolly is back to business. jumping and hyper! yay!!! :)